May 24, 2010

30 Days: Day 3 - Favorite Show

I realize that I'm going to sound like a child if I keep being completely honest with my favorite faves. Oh well, at least I'm honest. I can't be faulted for that, right?

Another bit of honesty, I don't watch a lot of TV. Well, not anymore. This is mostly due to not having cable, but after I grew out of waking up early on Saturday morning for cartoons, I never felt the need to watch Must See TV. I watch my shows when I want to, dammit, not when TV Guide says. This is why streaming has become a blessing for me because as much as I love How I Met Your Mother, if I want to go out on a Monday night, I refuse to feel torn between watching Barney be awesome and potentially having my own HIMYM night out in Seattle. I prefer living over watching someone else live out their life.

Anyway, so yes, How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite TV shows. So is Firefly. And Everwood. And The Powerpuff Girls, She-RA, and the Care Bears will always have a special place in my heart and on my shelf. However, my absolute favorite show, one that I willing watch any time it's on, is Boy Meets World.

Remember when I said I'm going to sound like a child? Right.

So it's continuity is shot, it's frequently over the top and unrealistic, and by the end of the series the show has jumped the shark and the characters have become caricatures of themselves. And yet every single episode is hilarious, every episode has some bit of truth that resonated with me growing up and still resonates with me now when I take trips down memory lane. Most importantly, it has MR. FEENY.

Everything I Need to Know, I Learned from George Feeny. I even own the t-shirt.

There isn't much more I can say in order to describe why I irrationally love this show so much. Why the finale made me cry long after it ended. So here's a clip of some of the funnier moments of the seven seasons the show aired. ENJOY.



No comments: