June 12, 2010

30 Days: Day 16 - A song that makes you cry.

I'm supposed to pick a song that makes me cry. Uh...I can think of several songs that hold very strong, sometimes sad memories for me, but I can't think of a single one that has ever moved me enough to cry. God Help the Outcasts was probably the closest I ever got to showing any kind of sadness from a song alone, which wasn't a lot. Disney is probably the best at creating these widely known tearjerker moments, but I tend to think that's actually a meld of song and visuals in order to produce that kind of effect.

I cried at the beginning of Up, but I'm fairly certain that had more to do with watching Carl's life unfold than the soundtrack, which certainly helped, but probably didn't take the cake for why everyone was bawling uncontrollably.

On the other hand, these Disney child stars and the alike make me sad inside. Except Zac Efron, he's way too fabulous for all of that.

No comments: